Download the Student Labs for Your Evaluation
Sample PDFs of the computer editions of these labs do not include
essential teacher information, safety tips, or sample data.
We recommend that you purchase the book before performing labs.
- Are We Cool or What?
- Baggie Mittens
- Celsius or Fahrenheit. What's the Difference?
- Cold as Ice
- Cool Reaction!
- Getting it Just Right!
- Go!Temp Spends the Night
- Hold Everything! Comparing Insulators
- How Do Mittens Keep You Warm?
- I'm Melting! Water Changes States
- Keepin' it Cool! Design Your Own Thermos
- Learning to Use Go!Temp
- Solid, Liquid, Gas: Water Can Do it All!
- The Sole Purpose
- Why Do We Need Thermometers?
TI Light Probe
- Are All Batteries the Same?
- Distance From the Sun
- Learning to Use the Light Probe
- Reflectivity of Light
- Summer and Winter
- Sunshine on My Shoulders
- Air Ball!
- Batty About Science
- Driving with Energy
- Learning to Use Go! Motion
- Spring into Action!
- Weigh Station - All Trucks Stop!
Gas Pressure Sensor
Magnetic Field Sensor
Differential Voltage Probe
Dual-Range Force Sensor
- Learning to Use the Force Sensor
- Lift the Load
- Oh! My Aching Back! How Ramps Make Lifting Easier
- What a Drag!
By Marti Moore, David Carter, Barbara Andersen, Tara Windle
This book for data collection on computers and LabQuest only, contains 43 fun and engaging experiments for students in grades 2–6. Activities investigate the topics of temperature, motion, force, magnetism, light, electricity, and pressure. Also included are lots of teacher tips, black-line masters, and clear illustrations to facilitate student understanding.
Each Vernier Lab Book includes:
- Complete student experiments with materials list, step-by-step instructions, data tables, and questions.
- Teacher Information section for each experiment with complete directions for setting up experiments, helpful hints, and sample graphs and data.
- Word-processing files of the student sections on a CD so that any experiment may be easily edited to your specifications (Microsoft Word for Macintosh and Windows files).
- CD includes instructions to perform the experiments on every supported platform:
- LabQuest in Stand-Alone Mode