Download the Student Labs for Your Evaluation
Sample PDFs of the computer editions of these labs do not include essential teacher information, safety tips, or sample data. We recommend that you purchase the book before performing labs.
Stainless Steel Temperature Probe
- Air Temperature
- Air Temperature and Relative Humidity
- Dew Point
- Fossil Fuels
- Freezing of Ocean Water
- Ground Temperature
- Introduction to Data Collection
- Land and Sea Breezes
- Reflection and Absorption of Light
- Relative Humidity
- Seasons and Angle of Insolation
- Soil Temperature
- Solar Homes
- The Greenhouse Effect
- Wind Chill
Magnetic Field Sensor
No Sensor Used
By Robyn Johnson, Gretchen Stahmer DeMoss, and Richard Sorensen
Earth Science with Vernier contains 33 experiments in the subjects of geology, meteorology, hydrology, oceanography, energy, water quality, and soil quality.
Each Vernier Lab Book includes:
- Complete student experiments with materials list, step-by-step instructions, data tables, and questions.
- Teacher Information section for each experiment with complete directions for setting up experiments, helpful hints, and sample graphs and data.
- Word-processing files of the student sections on a CD so that any experiment may be easily edited to your specifications (Microsoft Word for Macintosh and Windows files).
- CD includes instructions to perform the experiments on every supported platform:
- LabQuest in Stand-Alone Mode
- Calculator (EasyData and Datamate)
- Palm® Handheld