Download the Student Labs for Your Evaluation
Sample PDFs of the computer editions of these labs do not include essential teacher information, safety tips, or sample data. We recommend that you purchase the book before performing labs.
Dissolved Oxygen Sensor
Stainless Steel Temperature Probe
Ammonium Ion-Selective Electrode
Nitrate Ion-Selective Electrode
Calcium Ion-Selective Electrode
Chloride Ion-Selective Electrode
Flow Rate Sensor
No Sensor Used
Water-Quality Index Tests
- Total Solids
- Dissolved Oxygen
- Biochemical Oxygen Demand
- Phosphates, Ortho- and Total
- Fecal Coliform
By Robyn L. Johnson, Dan Holmquist, Kelly Redding
Water Quality with Vernier has 16 water quality tests, including pH, total dissolved solids, dissolved oxygen, BOD, flow rate, turbidity, nitrates, and phosphates. All nine tests in the Water Quality Index (WQI) are supported. Each book has water quality tests for eleven Vernier water quality sensors.
Each Vernier Lab Book includes:
- Complete student experiments with materials list, step-by-step instructions, data tables, and questions.
- Teacher Information section for each experiment with complete directions for setting up experiments, helpful hints, and sample graphs and data.
- Word-processing files of the student sections on a CD so that any experiment may be easily edited to your specifications (Microsoft Word for Macintosh and Windows files).
- CD includes instructions to perform the experiments on every supported platform:
- LabQuest in Stand-Alone Mode
- Calculator (EasyData and Datamate)
- Palm® Handheld